Monday, March 15, 2010

Bye Bye Blogger (and an apology to Miss Snips)

I've had a Blogger account for almost a decade. Granted I didn't use it too much until recently, which is why it was a real bummer when I got a message from them a few weeks ago that they would no longer be supporting (or doing) FTP uploading to privately owned domains (like richyaeger.com).  They have some sort of work around that would enable it to feel the same for you (the consumer of my blogging) but I like the idea that MY stuff, is on MY server. It took a long time to cultivate that feeling of ownership of my little piece of cyberspace (is that word still used), so I don't want my blog living on someone Else's servers, just yet.

I've decided to try out WordPress. It seems like it's very nice with the quick look I've given it.  I have no idea how I'm going to relocate all of my past stuff to the new blog. If I have to cut and paste, one entry at a time, I guess that's what I'll do, but I have a feeling that someone who bleeds php, html, and more, may have ginned up some sort of migration tool. I'll let my fingers to the walking (Google should buy that marketing gimmick).

I was hoping to get the initial set up on my server done quickly, apparently WordPress is known for that, but my new mySQL database that I set up with my host is still listed as "pending" even though it's been a couple hours (they say it MAY take up to A hour).

Oh my! I just got an email telling me I got a comment on a previous post. Hooray! Let's see what it is..........

............It was one of the Peach Pies.  She liked the blog.....and corrected me.  Apparently Miss Ginger Snaps is really Miss Ginger Snips (as in the sound the shears of a professional hair stylist makes). Although thinking of the word "snap" makes me recall that at one point, the other day, around the traditional Schwaklakk cluster of tables  we all "snapped" our approval (mockingly) of something that was just too cool to clap for. I think maybe it was the poster for some performer.

Please accept my humble apologies Miss Ginger Snips. If I ever decide to bend to societies unrelenting pressure to get a haircut,  (I haven't been near shears, clippers, or even my dad's Flowbee (yes it's true) in at least 3 years now),  I will put my browny locks in your delicate, yet powerful,  hands.    Hopefully on stage, with you in your, yet undesigned, sexy hairstylist burlesque costume........Oh my........sorry, I got a little carried away there.  Anyway, sorry Miss Ginger Snips. 

Now I can't just go back to rambling on about SQL databases and FTP uploads. It seemed so interesting (and shiny) just a few minutes ago.

Thanks for the comment (and the content of it) Miss Kitty. You guys (and by that I mean gals) rock!

I'm out!

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous dragonlms said...

My how quickly the gears change! From blogging to Peach Pies. :-)
A hair stylist names Miss Ginger Snips..I like the fun twist on the name.

 

Post a Comment

be nice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home